- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Keith Olbermann’s Blasted The Golf Channel And Piers Morgan Before Giving A Proper Tribute To Martin Luther King Jr.
While the jury is still out on how successful Keith Olbermann’s new show will be, we’ve been finding it an enjoyable hour of television so far. That streak continued last night, when Olbermann addressed the Golf Channel’s social media fail, and Piers Morgan’s defense of said fail.
If you didn’t hear, the Golf Channel tried to get in on the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream,” because SEO and trending buzzwords and other digital media bullshit that makes a sports company think it should make tenuous connections to current events (for another example of this, read The Onion’s take on CNN and Miley Cyrus). It looked like this:
Not a great PR move, and the Golf Channel soon removed the tweet and apologized for it. Then Piers Morgan (coincidentally, of CNN) came to the Golf Channel’s defense, for some reason:
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) August 28, 2013
There’s just so much wrong with that mindset that I think I’ll let Olbermann take it from here (via Mediaite):
Then, to hammer home his point, Olbermann provided a real sports-related Martin Luther King Jr. anecdote about his late father. That’s how you do it, Golf Channel/Piers Morgan/Detroit Free Press:
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee