- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Kevin Durant Tweets Thunder Extension Is A Done Deal
As expected, Kevin Durant never even let himself become a free agent – less expected is that he used Twitter to tell us. But indeed, Durant tweeted a short time ago that he officially agreed to a five-year contract extension with his Oklahoma City Thunder, the NBA’s most promising young team.
Here’s the text of Durant’s tweet:
Exstension [sic] for 5 more years wit the #thunder….God Is Great, me and my family came a long way…I love yall man forreal, this a blessing!
We have to admit it’s refreshing for someone as good, as young as Durant (he won a scoring title at 21, after all) seems to also be so genuinely humble. And as more and more people grow disenchanted with the LeBron mess, Durant will only get even more popular with his attitude.
So the Thunder have the league’s best young nucleus of talent, one of whom has all-time-great potential (Durant, of course), and the league’s best young general manager in Sam Presti? Durant knows a good thing when he sees it, and smartly pounced. And man, you really do have to feel for the fans of Seattle for losing this team right as things got good.
- Pacers Trade Danny Granger to Sixers for Evan Turner
- LeBron Buys Teammates Championship Belts
- Joes Reyes Can Rap?
- Virgil Hunter: Manny Got Put to Sleep