- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Kids Make Adorably Bad Guesses At NBA Salaries (Video)
How much money do NBA players earn in a year? That’s what Jimmy Kimmel decided to ask some children in a segment for his late night show, and their answers are telling (more on that in a second).
It goes without saying that the kids’ concept of money would have the players earning just a fraction less than their current salaries.
While most of the kids believe NBA players earn between between 40 cents and $100 per year, some of the more precocious ones are willing to believe that superstars earn as high as “ten-hundred,” (ten-hundred what of what is never made clear) or even $1,000,000. “Oh come on!” was one kid’s response when finding out the players made more than $3,000.
If the NBA owners had their way, they might make a couple of these guys general managers. Some veteran players believe a lockout for the 2011-2012 is a foregone conclusion, due to owners wanting to drastically restructure salaries. While negotiations are still ongoing, so far, they’ve been fruitless.
At this rate, these adorably wrong kids may turn out to be horrifyingly right: NBA players could be making nothing come next October.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?