- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
The L.A. Kings Are Called The Wrong Name Once More For The Road
What, you didn’t hear about the Lakers’ victory parade? They’re holding one in honor of their one Western Conference semifinal win against the Thunder. The turnout probably won’t be quite as big as their championship parades, but we hear they’re bringing out Mark Madsen for a special nostalgia dance, and Kobe will give a speech yelling at everyone for coming out and celebrating nothing:
We kid, of course, and the poor guy above probably just misspoke. But it’s just the latest in an undeniable pattern of Kings-related errors that happened throughout the playoffs – and apparently, now persist even though the playoffs are over. Yeah, everyone’s used to saying “Lakers” since they’re such a local institution and have had their share of victory parades through the years. Yeah, L.A.’s not exactly a natural hockey town. But these are the champs, people. If they can get 250,000 people out in the streets of L.A. in their honor, we can get their name right. Let’s be better, people. Let’s all be better.
Getty photo, by Victor Decolongon
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History
- Were The 49ers (Sort Of) Robbed?
- Roach Doesn't Want Pacquiao To Fight Provodnikov