- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Here’s How New York’s Tabloids Reacted To The Knicks Getting Swept
Yesterday, the Knicks lost to the Celtics 101-89, their sometimes-promising but ultimately uneven season ending in a first-round playoff sweep. And while the loss – especially coming in sweep form – was disappointing for the Knicks and their fans, this was what was supposed to happen.
The Celtics are a better team, and they proved it on the court. The fact that the Knicks lost this series is not surprising. Perhaps people might have thought they’d at least make it close (and indeed, a main reason the end is so bitter is that the Knicks had a golden opportunity to win Game 1 and were in Game 2 to the end), but the Celtics merely did what they were supposed to do. While the Knicks should be disappointed their season is over, we wouldn’t say they have anything to be ashamed of.
Don’t tell that, though, to New York’s tabloids, known to ever so slightly and subtly get on those who aren’t performing up to par. This year’s Knicks, especially now that they’ve entered the Carmelo Anthony era, are no exception. And when they come up short on the big stage, it’s open season. Need proof? Here it is.
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?