- Fantasy Football: Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickup Power Rankings
- Peyton Manning Is Still Eight Touchdowns Behind Brett Favre, If You Include Pick-Sixes
- Of Course The Cowboys' Joseph Randle Has Signed An Underwear Endorsement Deal
- The Bucks Are Gathering Investors -- Will They Be Enough To Keep The Team In Milwaukee?
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Knocked Out: HBO Sports Fires President Ross Greenburg
SportsByBrooks is reporting that Ross Greenburg, the man responsible for creating Inside The NFL and Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel, has been fired from his longtime job as the President of HBO Sports.
According to Brooks, Greenburg’s departure will not be announced as a firing and he will be referred to as an independent producer who HBO will do business with in future, but for all intents and purposes, Greenburg was canned.
So just why was Greenburg let go by the company he’s worked f0r 0ver the course of the past 32 years? According to Brooks, one of the biggest reasons was that HBO shockingly lost out on the rights to the Manny Pacquaio-Shane Mosley fight to Showtime.
Greenburg also apparently failed to inform his HBO bosses that they lost out on boxing’s biggest star in Pacquaio, and that his reputation had been sullied in the boxing community thanks to his tough negotiating tactics.
And while Greenburg’s firing isn’t going to be announced until later this week, it’s never too early to start speculating about who his replacement could be, especially if that person happens to come from ESPN.
- Filed Under:
- HBO Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts