- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Kobe Flew Steve Blake To A Doctor In Orange County With His Helicopter
Today in “things we just thought you should know”: Kobe might be a demanding teammate, but he can also be a remarkably accommodating one. Case in point, from today, via Lakers reporter Dave McMenamin:
We’ll have to wait on Kobe’s comments. He left practice early w/ Steve Blake to fly him down to an OC doctor in his helicopter
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) November 12, 2012
Wow! A legendary basketball player and a helicopter pilot?! Kobe’s Got it all! I wonder if… wait… what’s that? He probably wasn’t flying the helicopter himself? Oh. Well, that’s too bad. Hey, what was Blake going to a doctor for anyway? I hope nothing’s wrong or anything and-
Reason Kobe didn’t talk today: he took Steve Blake (abdominal strain) in his helicopter to Orange County for an ultra sound. #onlyinLA
— Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) November 12, 2012
An ultrasound?! Steve: congratulations! Is this like a popular 1994 comedy Junior-type situation? Either way, this is amazing and I hope it won’t affect your play for a while and… wait… what’s that? The ultrasound’s because of an abdominal strain? You mean all there is to this story is that Kobe chauffeured Blake to the doctor in his private helicopter that he happened to have on hand after practice? Boooooooo-ring!
Getty photo, by Harry How
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story