- The Cardinals Are Ridiculously Good At Blocking Field Goal Attempts
- The Saints Are The Answer To Your Fantasy Football 'SOS'
- Cheap Shot On Nick Foles Started A Brawl In Philly-Washington Game
- Ray Lewis On Ray Rice: 'There Are Some Things You Can Cover Up'
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
South Korea, Jackie Robinson West Handshake Line Is Taking Forever, May Still Be Going On
OK, if even one pair of players gets this wrong during the handshake line, we’re starting over.
South Korea beat Chicago’s Jackie Robinson West, 8-4, today for the Little League World Series title, in which we learned that apparently there are no taunting restrictions in Williamsport:
But all of the U.S. was classy in defeat. Ha ha, just kidding:
— noonereallycares (@sillybamatricks) August 24, 2014
Yes, South Korea is huge, and their calligraphy is confusing … who knows what those birth certificates say. We just got to the point where we could read Japan’s. But they look like they’re just kids having fun out there.
— Koreaboo (@Koreaboo) August 24, 2014
So Jackie Robinson West’s story was inspiring, and they had a lot of celebrity support. But South Korea won some hearts as well.
— Isiah Thomas (@iamisiahthomas) August 24, 2014
And remember, racism is still alive in the U.S: don’t let anyone tell you it isn’t. Because if you can root against kids in a baseball game just because they’re black, you are a special species of asshole:
— Scott Watson (@vet5595) August 24, 2014
The Chicago team will be home just in time to get about four hours of sleep and then report for the first day of school. The South Korean team will report for the first day of practice tomorrow for next year’s LLWS.
So until next year, when we once again single out only the most talented 12- and 13-year-olds to glorify on TV while leaving all of their regular-season peers behind, and unashamedly commercialize a children’s game for corporate profit, we bid you farewell from Williamsport, PA.
- Filed Under:
- south korea
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'