- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
The ESPN Effect: Kid Gets Walk-Off Hit At LLWS, Showboating Ensues
The photo here shows Westport, Conn.’s Chad Knight after he hit a walk-off double to drive in the winning run in a Little League World Series game today in Williamsport, Penn. Westport came back from a seven-run deficit to beat Sammamish, Wash., 14-13, for the right to meet Chula Vista, Calif., in the U.S. Championship Game on Saturday.
That winner takes on Japan or Mexico for the overall title on Sunday, and hey, we’re still playing Little League and it’s almost September.
The thing about the photo is that it wasn’t taken after the game was over. He hit the ball, flipped the bat and gestured to the crowd with outstretched arms as he trotted toward first. Then when the runner scored, he tossed his helmet. What has TV done to our youth?
Chad Knight… No one likes a showboat. #LLWS
— Audra Gehlhausen (@AudraRosie) August 23, 2013
To his credit, though, the lad didn’t get as carried away as some adults did.
Chad Knight of Westport, CT is the Derek Jeter of the LLWS. Clutch, all business with the media. This kid's already a True Yankee.
— Shane Ryan (@ShaneRyanHere) August 23, 2013
— Niko Fiorillo (@NikoFiorillo) August 23, 2013
The chad knight rises
— Owen Burke (@0Burke7) August 23, 2013
— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) August 23, 2013
OK, the one below is funny:
A youthful horde of future hedge fund managers just advanced to the LLWS championship. The soul stirs, Westport.
— Matt Norlander (@MattNorlander) August 23, 2013
Photo: Associated Press.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?