- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
The ESPN Effect: Kid Gets Walk-Off Hit At LLWS, Showboating Ensues
The photo here shows Westport, Conn.’s Chad Knight after he hit a walk-off double to drive in the winning run in a Little League World Series game today in Williamsport, Penn. Westport came back from a seven-run deficit to beat Sammamish, Wash., 14-13, for the right to meet Chula Vista, Calif., in the U.S. Championship Game on Saturday.
That winner takes on Japan or Mexico for the overall title on Sunday, and hey, we’re still playing Little League and it’s almost September.
The thing about the photo is that it wasn’t taken after the game was over. He hit the ball, flipped the bat and gestured to the crowd with outstretched arms as he trotted toward first. Then when the runner scored, he tossed his helmet. What has TV done to our youth?
Chad Knight… No one likes a showboat. #LLWS
— Audra Gehlhausen (@AudraRosie) August 23, 2013
To his credit, though, the lad didn’t get as carried away as some adults did.
Chad Knight of Westport, CT is the Derek Jeter of the LLWS. Clutch, all business with the media. This kid's already a True Yankee.
— Shane Ryan (@ShaneRyanHere) August 23, 2013
— Niko Fiorillo (@NikoFiorillo) August 23, 2013
The chad knight rises
— Owen Burke (@0Burke7) August 23, 2013
— Tom Haberstroh (@tomhaberstroh) August 23, 2013
OK, the one below is funny:
A youthful horde of future hedge fund managers just advanced to the LLWS championship. The soul stirs, Westport.
— Matt Norlander (@MattNorlander) August 23, 2013
Photo: Associated Press.
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?