- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
TMZ: Macho Man Randy Savage Dies In Car Accident
Sad news: TMZ is reporting that Macho Man Randy Savage, one of pro wrestling’s most famed personalities, died this morning in a car accident. He was 58.
Savage’s brother, Lanny Poffo, told TMZ that Savage lost control of his vehicle after suffering a heart attack while behind the wheel. And making this all the sadder, Savage was fresh off his one-year anniversary with wife Lynn.
Looking at old clips of him…well, just being Macho Man Randy Savage, it’s easy to see why he became so iconic – he was one hell of a showman. Also, hilarious:
And if you’re like me, your main exposure to Savage came from his performances in Slim Jim commercials. And as his absolutely sublime turn in the ad you’re about to see will prove beyond a doubt, that was more than enough to get what exactly Savage was about:
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t point a catchphrase that won him particular adoration:
And though his peak popularity in the wrestling business was a bit before my time, it’s clear from the tributes flooding in on Twitter just how much of an impact his out-there personality had on the formative years of many. Ultimately, he was in the entertainment business, and few could entertain quite like he could. here’s hoping he’s snapping into that great Slim Jim in the sky. RIP.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts