- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
TMZ: Macho Man Randy Savage Dies In Car Accident
Sad news: TMZ is reporting that Macho Man Randy Savage, one of pro wrestling’s most famed personalities, died this morning in a car accident. He was 58.
Savage’s brother, Lanny Poffo, told TMZ that Savage lost control of his vehicle after suffering a heart attack while behind the wheel. And making this all the sadder, Savage was fresh off his one-year anniversary with wife Lynn.
Looking at old clips of him…well, just being Macho Man Randy Savage, it’s easy to see why he became so iconic – he was one hell of a showman. Also, hilarious:
And if you’re like me, your main exposure to Savage came from his performances in Slim Jim commercials. And as his absolutely sublime turn in the ad you’re about to see will prove beyond a doubt, that was more than enough to get what exactly Savage was about:
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t point a catchphrase that won him particular adoration:
And though his peak popularity in the wrestling business was a bit before my time, it’s clear from the tributes flooding in on Twitter just how much of an impact his out-there personality had on the formative years of many. Ultimately, he was in the entertainment business, and few could entertain quite like he could. here’s hoping he’s snapping into that great Slim Jim in the sky. RIP.
- If World Cup Countries Were College Football Teams
- The 5 Most Hazardous Sports
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?