- Christiano Ronaldo Ejected, Crowd Throws Stuff
- Kate Upton Before She Became The Mega-Supermodel You Know And Love Today
- If You're Going To Post A Workout Video, Make Sure There Isn't A Guy Taking A Dump Visible In The Frame
- MMA In Pakistan? Watch This Awesome Documentary...
- The Most Feared Latina In Women's Football
The Story Of A 74-Year-Old Man Getting Killed By A Javelin Will Be The Worst Thing You Hear About Today
There’s really nothing we can add to this one:
A German sports official died Monday a day after being struck in the throat by a javelin.
The 74-year-old man was officiating at a youth meet in the western city of Duesseldorf when the incident happened late Sunday, police spokesman Andre Hartwig said.
He was immediately taken to the hospital but died of injuries early Monday, Hartwig said.
Just… ughhhhhhhhhhhhh. The extreme negative emotions this story evokes are (potentially) four-fold: 1) recoiling in horror at the manner in which the way this man (identified later as Dieter Strack) died; 2) sadness that a freak accident killed this guy; 3) guilt if you thought about 1) before 2); 4) intense sadness for the reportedly-15-year-old kid who, through a what was by all accounts a complete horrible accident, has just about the worst feeling in the world weighing on him (he’s receiving counseling, according to Hartwig). Stories don’t get much more depressing than this. RIP.