- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 DTs And The Top 6 DEs
- Geno Smith Thinks He'll Be A Top Five QB, Sources Confirm He's Delusional
- MMA Fighter/Gas Station Clerk Rains Punches On Would-Be Robbers (VIDEO)
- Will Fantasy Players Take A Stand Against Ray Rice This Year?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
“Cop-Out:” ESPN Announcer Calls Out ESPN The Magazine During Broadcast
Former NBA player and current ESPN color commentator Mark Jackson had some strong words for ESPN the Magazine, and, more specifically, their “Player X” feature on Kevin Garnett.
In case you’re just joining us, “Player X” is a regular column written by an anonymous NBA player that dishes on a variety of locker room topics (a previous piece, on athlete infidelity, drew quite a bit of attention). During the most recent “Player X” column, Garnett was characterized as a “punk” and a “coward.”
Jackson was not amused.
“I think it’s a cop-out, as a magazine, to give a source and not give the name,” Jackson said during yesterday’s Celtics/Knicks telecast on ABC. “If you’re going to attack Kevin Garnett in that way, then put a name to it or don’t write it. It’s not fair to Kevin Garnett.”
In addition to doing ABC games, Jackson also announces games for ESPN. Both ABC and ESPN are owned by the Walt Disney Company.
Here’s video of Jackson’s comments.
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles