- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Matt Harvey Gave A Horrible Interview On The Dan Patrick Show And Got Ripped Apart Afterwards
This is one of the most awkward interviews, and post-interview rap sessions, in the history of media. Matt Harvey, who is reportedly opting to not have Tommy John surgery, came on the Dan Patrick Show to discuss the big news. Actually, no, he came on to “honor” Qualcomm, a telephone company?
It was a huge fail for Harvey and the phone company, and it left Patrick’s crew in an uncomfortable lurch. As Patrick says himself, the point of these sponsored interviews (and we’ve had a few of them ourselves) isn’t because we love phone companies or underwear or whatever you’re selling. It’s supposed to be a mutually beneficial exchange.
Watch, and listen, if you can:
A few more reactions from around the media world:
"Hi, I'm Matt Harvey. I might have qualms about surgery, but that doesn't mean you should have qualms about buying some Qualcomm."
— Dave Brown (@AnswerDave) September 18, 2013
"I'm Matt Harvey and I support Qualcomm. Because you can't spell Qualcomm without UCL."
— Bobby Big Wheel (@BobbyBigWheel) September 18, 2013
Matt Harvey interview on @dpshow consists of him pitching Qualcomm but not on him pitching. Riveting stuff
— Jay L. (@1000Steps) September 18, 2013
Matt, until you master the art of the quality interview, we’re gonna keep banging Derek Jeter, okay?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts