- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Michael Phelps Making A Comeback? NBC Affiliate Reporting It’s A Sure Thing
If this is true, it’s one of the shortest retirements ever (non-Brett Favre Division). A sports anchor for an NBC TV affiliate in Ft. Meyers, FL, is reporting that Michael Phelps has reconsidered his retirement and will attempt to qualify for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio.
That’s big news, but tempered by the fact that Phelps himself has not confirmed it. In fact, Phelps tweeted a response to the NBC report, making it appear that his return to the pool is doubtful. Here’s how it went down.
EXCLUSIVE: I have confirmed that Michael Phelps is planning a comeback. nbc-2.com/story/22286148…
— Peter Busch (@peterbuschTV) May 17, 2013
Why do I keep getting texts about coming back? Do ppl really believe everything they hear or read? There are … m.tmi.me/VVJFR
— Michael Phelps (@MichaelPhelps) May 18, 2013
It’s Rowdy’s fault!!!Ha!RT“@michaelphelps: Why do I keep getting texts about coming back? Do ppl really believe everything they hear…
— Dara Torres (@DaraTorres) May 18, 2013
.@michaelphelps I remember when rumors of my comeback started too… ESPN, CNN, USA Today, all wanted the scoop. Phone wouldn’t stop ringing.
— Ricky Berens (@RickyBerens) May 18, 2013
Here’s the report:
So who do you believe? Peter Busch is the weeknight anchor at WBBH … and I don’t know, but I’m not going to get excited until I hear it from Phelps. Actually, I’m not going to get excited in any event — it’s men’s swimming. But it would be cool to have him around come ’16.
- Filed Under:
- michael phelps
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever