- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Michael Wilbon Took A Shot At Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski On PTI Over Magic Johnson’s $1 Million Dunk Contest Bribe
During a discussion of LeBron James and the NBA dunk contest on today’s episode of Pardon The Interruption, host Michael Wilbon took at shot at Yahoo!’s Adrian Wojnarowski. We suspect it had something to do with this article on the topic, in which Woj belittled Wilbon’s friend, Magic Johnson, by calling him an “ESPN analyst” and censuring his ’80s and ’90s marketing tactics:
“Before Miami, James could be so easily distracted in the 24-7 news cycle of minutiae. These days, ESPN analysts are baiting him with a $1 million offer to participate in the dunk contest on All-Star weekend. This isn’t the 1980s and early ’90s, when even superstars needed All-Star weekend to market themselves.”
Wilbon, in defense of Magic and the charitable bribery, played up the good natured fun of it all – he mentioned that Bill Simmons, Jason Whitlock and himself, among others, have offered up a few dollars to the cause (Wilbon’s contribution is apparently $1,000). But then he addressed Woj (and his article, we presume), specifically telling him, “Chill out. This is not covering the presidency.”
We’re pretty sure both sides need to chill out on this one.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts