- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Michelle Beadle And Linda Cohn Think You’re Gross If You Think Casey Anthony Is Hot
On a recent ESPN podcast, Sportsnation host Michelle Beadle had SportsCenter anchor Linda Cohn on as a guest. Because they are media personalities, and because it’s a dead month for sports, and because they clearly had strong feelings about it, the two discussed the Casey Anthony verdict.
Spoiler alert: they were nonplussed.
Like most Americans, Beadle and Cohn were confused as to how the prosecution had royally messed up what appeared to be a slam dunk case. But what really disturbed Cohn is how a certain New York City radio host reported the verdict.
I need to share with you something I heard very disturbing on a New York sports radio station, that wasn’t ESPN, by one of the anchors or talk shows hosts who was actually talking about the verdict as it came down, and said, “I hate to admit this because this woman could be a murderer, but I find her very attractive.” It grossed me out so much.
The verdict came down around 2pm yesterday, meaning the offending party was either Joe Benigno or Evan Roberts, who were filling in for a vacationing Mike Francesa. This means two things. 1) Either Benigno or Roberts showed very poor taste on Tuesday afternoon (update: it was apparently Benigno), and 2) like most New Yorkers, Linda Cohn doesn’t listen to 1050 ESPN.
- Controversy Hits The MMA Ring
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.