- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
AUDIO: Mike Francesa Has Never Heard Of UFC
Mike Francesa is a sports talk radio icon. He was a runaway success with longtime broadcast partner Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, kept a huge, loyal following doing a show on his own after Russo’s departure, and even gets televised on the YES Network. The guy’s a big deal – for very specific reasons. Knowing about popular “alternative” sports: not one of them.
That was made clear when Francesa recently read a promo about an upcoming UFC benefit…and clearly had no idea what he was talking about. What’s more, he didn’t even try to hide that he didn’t know what he’s talking about. When you’re an established star, you can do that sort of thing. It’s one thing to struggle pronouncing the names, but to openly admit with no shame at all (over and over again) that you don’t even know what UFC is…well, Francesa is very secure in his standing.
Audio of the segment below. We imagine Francesa sounded something like this when he first heard about the internet…assuming, you know, that’s actually happened.
[h/t Jimmy Traina]
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'