- Rent Out Kenny Powers' Swanky L.A. Loft For $8,500 A Month
- Jim Harbaugh On Reports He's A Candidate For U. Of Texas Job: 'Are You Trying To Be Funny?'
- The Official RotoExperts Week 15 Start 'Em Sit 'Em
- Holy Crap! Look At These Before-And-After Photos Of Maradona
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
AUDIO: Mike Francesa Has Never Heard Of UFC
Mike Francesa is a sports talk radio icon. He was a runaway success with longtime broadcast partner Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, kept a huge, loyal following doing a show on his own after Russo’s departure, and even gets televised on the YES Network. The guy’s a big deal – for very specific reasons. Knowing about popular “alternative” sports: not one of them.
That was made clear when Francesa recently read a promo about an upcoming UFC benefit…and clearly had no idea what he was talking about. What’s more, he didn’t even try to hide that he didn’t know what he’s talking about. When you’re an established star, you can do that sort of thing. It’s one thing to struggle pronouncing the names, but to openly admit with no shame at all (over and over again) that you don’t even know what UFC is…well, Francesa is very secure in his standing.
Audio of the segment below. We imagine Francesa sounded something like this when he first heard about the internet…assuming, you know, that’s actually happened.
[h/t Jimmy Traina]
- Top Waiver Wire Pickups Headed Into Fantasy Playoffs
- There's No Such Thing As Bad Weather In Football
- Kobe Defends His Massive Extension With The Lakers
- UFC Signs 11 Invicta Straw Weights For Huge Tournament