- Bullpen Madness: Which Closer Will Lose His Job Next?
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Of Course Craig Sager Is Watching The NBA On TNT From His Hospital Room
- Tim Tebow Spent Easter In The Woods With A Duck Dynasty Guy
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
AUDIO: Mike Francesa Has Never Heard Of UFC
Mike Francesa is a sports talk radio icon. He was a runaway success with longtime broadcast partner Chris “Mad Dog” Russo, kept a huge, loyal following doing a show on his own after Russo’s departure, and even gets televised on the YES Network. The guy’s a big deal – for very specific reasons. Knowing about popular “alternative” sports: not one of them.
That was made clear when Francesa recently read a promo about an upcoming UFC benefit…and clearly had no idea what he was talking about. What’s more, he didn’t even try to hide that he didn’t know what he’s talking about. When you’re an established star, you can do that sort of thing. It’s one thing to struggle pronouncing the names, but to openly admit with no shame at all (over and over again) that you don’t even know what UFC is…well, Francesa is very secure in his standing.
Audio of the segment below. We imagine Francesa sounded something like this when he first heard about the internet…assuming, you know, that’s actually happened.
[h/t Jimmy Traina]
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story