- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- Fantasy Hoops: Why Not Make The Bucks Your Main Squeeze This Week?
- ESPN To Combine All Non-Bullshit Entities Into New Unit Called 'Exit 31'
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Miracle On Grass: Late Goal By Landon Donovan Advances US Soccer Team (Video)
The USA has defeated Algeria 1-0 on a Landon Donovan goal in the 91st minute, and will move on to the next round of the 2010 World Cup. Everybody breathe.
Donovan’s late heroics likely will be remembered as the greatest International sports moment for the US since 1980′s “miracle on ice.”
In scoring the winning goal, Donovan has once again proven why he is the face of US Soccer, putting in a rebounded shot in extra time to put the US through to the next round. In addition, he has saved American soccer fans from four years of bitterness over phantom calls.
The United States and England will move on from Group C.
After a Clint Dempsey goal was disallowed in the first half, a feeling of gloom and doom began to set in. Here they were again, about to be eliminated from the World Cup, in a game that Ian Darke acknowledged multiple times should have been theirs.
But Landon Donovan changed all that in the 91st minute (watch the video here). To the knockout round we go.
And after you’re done with the video below:
1) Watch Donovan’s emotional postgame interview with ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap here.
2) Check out the World Cup prediction our friends at Styleite put together, based on success of apparel brands.
3) Check out the updated World Cup bracket for more info on who the USA will have to play in the next round.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?