- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Miracle On Grass: Late Goal By Landon Donovan Advances US Soccer Team (Video)
The USA has defeated Algeria 1-0 on a Landon Donovan goal in the 91st minute, and will move on to the next round of the 2010 World Cup. Everybody breathe.
Donovan’s late heroics likely will be remembered as the greatest International sports moment for the US since 1980′s “miracle on ice.”
In scoring the winning goal, Donovan has once again proven why he is the face of US Soccer, putting in a rebounded shot in extra time to put the US through to the next round. In addition, he has saved American soccer fans from four years of bitterness over phantom calls.
The United States and England will move on from Group C.
After a Clint Dempsey goal was disallowed in the first half, a feeling of gloom and doom began to set in. Here they were again, about to be eliminated from the World Cup, in a game that Ian Darke acknowledged multiple times should have been theirs.
But Landon Donovan changed all that in the 91st minute (watch the video here). To the knockout round we go.
And after you’re done with the video below:
1) Watch Donovan’s emotional postgame interview with ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap here.
2) Check out the World Cup prediction our friends at Styleite put together, based on success of apparel brands.
3) Check out the updated World Cup bracket for more info on who the USA will have to play in the next round.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence