- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
MMA Fighter On Obama: “Someone Needs To Knock Some Sense Into That Idiot” (Video)
UFC’s Jacob Volkmann won a fight against Antonio McKee this weekend, but already had his mind on much bigger things after the fight was finished. Speaking to Fanhouse’s Ariel Helwani, Volkmann at first analyzed the fight, but when Helwani asked if there were any particular fighters he’d like to oppose in the future, things got…political.
First, Volkmann picked Clay Guida, which made sense because he is an MMA fighter. Then, Volkmann reversed course and picked someone who is not an MMA fighter – President Barack Obama. Stunned by the turn of events, Helwani called Volkmann’s choice “ballsy.” Volkmann said Obama is “not too bright,” and added:
“Someone’s gotta knock some sense into that idiot.”
Let the record show that Helwani then brought a political spin of his own to the interview, asking Volkmann if he’s a Sarah Palin fan and adding, “Please say no.” Volkmann responded that he indeed isn’t a Palin fan, so his isn’t the garden-variety stereotype Obama hatred. Volkmann said the health care issue is close to his heart, since he’s a chiropractor, and while allowed that the current health care situation “is not good,” but Obama is “making it worse.”
So no, this wasn’t quite Luke Scott’s birtherism, but it was one of the most pointed criticisms of Obama we’ve yet heard from a sports figure. And hey, even Scott didn’t say he wanted to fight the guy. And we might be paying extra close attention to Keith Olbermann’s World’s Worst in the coming days.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts