- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
New York Post Columnist Suggests Brooklyn Nets Rename Themselves “New York N______s” (UPDATE)
Many people aren’t thinking clearly early in the morning, which is probably the most charitable explanation for the following stream of bullshit from New York Post columnist Phil Mushnick:
As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?
Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B—-hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!
“I guess I won’t need my color TV anymore now that the Nets will be wearing black and white,’’ writes reader John Lynch.
There is so much going wrong at once that it’s a bit overwhelming, but maybe particular attention ought to be paid to the phrase “full Jay-Z treatment.” My first guess about what the “full Jay-Z treatment” might mean regarding the Brooklyn Nets might be something along the lines of “courtside seats and maybe a surprise appearance by Beyoncé,” but that’s a bit of a boring interpretation if the goal is to be as racist and out of touch as humanly possible.
Also: a dashed-out n-word? The Brooklyn Bitches or Hoes? Black and white logos as the universal hallmarks of “urban” style? Somebody better tell Union Market, Zito’s Sandwich Shoppe, Bark Hot Dogs and Buttermilk Channel to take a long, hard look at their logos, otherwise people might think that rappers and other scary people go there! Oh, that’s right — they do. I wonder if Buttermilk Channel had somewhere to check Jay-Z’s “9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath,” or if he left it at home that night.
Things are about to get very, very uncomfortable for ol’ Phil in the coming days.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story