- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
New York Post Columnist Suggests Brooklyn Nets Rename Themselves “New York N______s” (UPDATE)
Many people aren’t thinking clearly early in the morning, which is probably the most charitable explanation for the following stream of bullshit from New York Post columnist Phil Mushnick:
As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new “urban” home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?
Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N——s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B—-hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath. Wanna be Jay-Z hip? Then go all the way!
“I guess I won’t need my color TV anymore now that the Nets will be wearing black and white,’’ writes reader John Lynch.
There is so much going wrong at once that it’s a bit overwhelming, but maybe particular attention ought to be paid to the phrase “full Jay-Z treatment.” My first guess about what the “full Jay-Z treatment” might mean regarding the Brooklyn Nets might be something along the lines of “courtside seats and maybe a surprise appearance by Beyoncé,” but that’s a bit of a boring interpretation if the goal is to be as racist and out of touch as humanly possible.
Also: a dashed-out n-word? The Brooklyn Bitches or Hoes? Black and white logos as the universal hallmarks of “urban” style? Somebody better tell Union Market, Zito’s Sandwich Shoppe, Bark Hot Dogs and Buttermilk Channel to take a long, hard look at their logos, otherwise people might think that rappers and other scary people go there! Oh, that’s right — they do. I wonder if Buttermilk Channel had somewhere to check Jay-Z’s “9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath,” or if he left it at home that night.
Things are about to get very, very uncomfortable for ol’ Phil in the coming days.
- The Top American Winter Olympians
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Slack Lines, Super Bowl Edition: Reign Man