- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Way Too Early Top 10 Starting Pitchers for 2015 Fantasy Baseball
- Grading ESPN's 4 Worst Fantasy Projections For Week 9
- Jerry Jones Is Going To Get Tony Romo Killed
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Did North Korea’s Women’s Soccer Team Lose Because…Players Got Struck By Lightning?
Today in “we’re not making this up”: After the U.S. women’s soccer team beat North Korea 2-0 earlier today, North Korea coach Kim Kwang Min had an interesting rationale as to why his team lost. Well, maybe not “interesting” so much as “so far out there that hardly anyone will believe it.” Via the Guardian’s John Ashdown:
Ashdown declined to pass judgment on the veracity of the comments, but it’s fair to assume a good number of people will see them and think: Baghdad Bob. And we wouldn’t blame those people…really, struck by lightning? It really does sound implausible.
But maybe it’s not quite as far-fetched as it sounds. As Ashdown pointed out himself, there’s precedent for this kind of thing, so we can’t entirely dismiss the possibility, even if it was news to North Korea’s American opposition. We can, though, doubt it…and will, unless we get ironclad proof otherwise. And as far as we’re concerned, Kim’s best post-match quotes weren’t even about the lightning strike itself:
Well, we can now.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts