- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Murder Charge Against Oscar Pistorius Was Upgraded, And Could Land Him In Jail For Life
As you know, Oscar Pistorius, the amputee Olympic sprinter for South Africa, was charged for the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. But now things have gotten worse for Blade Runner, as prosecutors are pursuing a premeditated murder charge, saying that he planned the shooting. The story:
The elevated charge could mean that Pistorius spends the rest of his life in jail.
Following the hearing, Pistorius’ family and his London management company issued a statement calling into question the criminal charge the 26-year-old athlete faces.
“The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms,” the statement read. The statement did not elaborate.
The statement also said Pistorius wanted to “send his deepest sympathies to the family of Reeva.”
There was a bit of encouraging support for Pistorius, too.
Those who knew Pistorius, including a former girlfriend, also weighed in on social media.
Trish Taylor, mother of Pistorius’ ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor, wrote on Facebook: “I’m so glad Sammy is safe and out of the clutches of that man.”
But another ex-girlfriend, Jenna Edkins, defended Pistorius in messages Friday on Twitter.
“All I am saying is let him speak, let his side be heard without jumping to conclusions,” Edkins wrote. She offered “love and support” to the Pistorius family and wrote: “I have dated Oscar on and off for 5 YEARS, NOT ONCE has he EVER lifted a finger to me or made me fear for my life.”
We’ll keep you posted, and some additional footage of Pistorius in the courtroom can be seen below:
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story