- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Oscar Pistorius’ Affidavit: “I Had No Intention To Kill My Girlfriend”
Oscar Pistorius gave his affidavit Tuesday morning after being formally charged with the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. He maintained his complete innocence and described the events surrounding the shooting. The trial will take place “within a year.”
You should read the whole statement here. But here are some quick highlights:
I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill my girlfriend.
We were deeply in love and couldn’t be happier. I loved her and I know she felt the same way.
I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.
I’m accutely [sic] aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats.
I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.
I walked back to the bed and realised Reeva was not in bed. Its then it dawned on me it could be her in there
Pistorius said Reeva “died in (his) arms.”
I believe the forensic evidence will prove what I am saying. I used a cricket bat to break open toilet door.
We’ll have to wait and see if Pistorius is telling the truth.
- Filed Under:
- Oscar Pistorius
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'