- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Oscar Pistorius’ Affidavit: “I Had No Intention To Kill My Girlfriend”
Oscar Pistorius gave his affidavit Tuesday morning after being formally charged with the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. He maintained his complete innocence and described the events surrounding the shooting. The trial will take place “within a year.”
You should read the whole statement here. But here are some quick highlights:
I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill my girlfriend.
We were deeply in love and couldn’t be happier. I loved her and I know she felt the same way.
I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.
I’m accutely [sic] aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats.
I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.
I walked back to the bed and realised Reeva was not in bed. Its then it dawned on me it could be her in there
Pistorius said Reeva “died in (his) arms.”
I believe the forensic evidence will prove what I am saying. I used a cricket bat to break open toilet door.
We’ll have to wait and see if Pistorius is telling the truth.
- Filed Under:
- Oscar Pistorius
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?