- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- College Basketball Top 25: So, We're Just Gonna Let Villanova Into The Top Three?
- The Fantasy Sports Network Has Launched, And You Can Watch It Live, Right Now
- Remember When Dennis Rodman Was Insanely Good At Rebounding Rather Than Just Insane?
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Over 40 American Soccer Stars Visited Children In Newtown Tuesday Night
It’s a shame Tuesday night’s sports news cycle was dominated by an all-time terrible college football game, and we stand accountable for letting this pretty neat bit of news fall through the cracks. Over 40 active and retired American soccer players visited Newtown, Conn. to play soccer with the kids in town.
Chris Canetti, president of the Houston Dynamo and a native of Connecticut, assembled the event that drew more than 1,500 attendees. Among the active soccer stars in attendance were Landon Donovan and Christie Rampone, and among the retired legends were now-ESPN soccer analyst Alexi Lalas and Mia Hamm.
The event was so successful that Canetti said its only flaw was that their space was too small. Job well done, I’d say.
[h/t BuzzFeed Sports, Getty Images]
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success