- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Lisa Ann Takes 19-Year-Old Notre Dame WR To Knicks Game, Sex Town
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Over 40 American Soccer Stars Visited Children In Newtown Tuesday Night
It’s a shame Tuesday night’s sports news cycle was dominated by an all-time terrible college football game, and we stand accountable for letting this pretty neat bit of news fall through the cracks. Over 40 active and retired American soccer players visited Newtown, Conn. to play soccer with the kids in town.
Chris Canetti, president of the Houston Dynamo and a native of Connecticut, assembled the event that drew more than 1,500 attendees. Among the active soccer stars in attendance were Landon Donovan and Christie Rampone, and among the retired legends were now-ESPN soccer analyst Alexi Lalas and Mia Hamm.
The event was so successful that Canetti said its only flaw was that their space was too small. Job well done, I’d say.
[h/t BuzzFeed Sports, Getty Images]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts