- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Over 40 American Soccer Stars Visited Children In Newtown Tuesday Night
It’s a shame Tuesday night’s sports news cycle was dominated by an all-time terrible college football game, and we stand accountable for letting this pretty neat bit of news fall through the cracks. Over 40 active and retired American soccer players visited Newtown, Conn. to play soccer with the kids in town.
Chris Canetti, president of the Houston Dynamo and a native of Connecticut, assembled the event that drew more than 1,500 attendees. Among the active soccer stars in attendance were Landon Donovan and Christie Rampone, and among the retired legends were now-ESPN soccer analyst Alexi Lalas and Mia Hamm.
The event was so successful that Canetti said its only flaw was that their space was too small. Job well done, I’d say.
[h/t BuzzFeed Sports, Getty Images]
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World