- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Over 40 American Soccer Stars Visited Children In Newtown Tuesday Night
It’s a shame Tuesday night’s sports news cycle was dominated by an all-time terrible college football game, and we stand accountable for letting this pretty neat bit of news fall through the cracks. Over 40 active and retired American soccer players visited Newtown, Conn. to play soccer with the kids in town.
Chris Canetti, president of the Houston Dynamo and a native of Connecticut, assembled the event that drew more than 1,500 attendees. Among the active soccer stars in attendance were Landon Donovan and Christie Rampone, and among the retired legends were now-ESPN soccer analyst Alexi Lalas and Mia Hamm.
The event was so successful that Canetti said its only flaw was that their space was too small. Job well done, I’d say.
[h/t BuzzFeed Sports, Getty Images]
- The Ridiculous Way Rajon Rondo Might Have Broken His Hand
- Bella Talks Cena Relationship
- Backstage News On WWE Protecting Cena and Orton
- Stacy Keibler Looking AMAZING on All Fours