- The New York Post Is (Basically) Reporting That Steve Kerr Will Coach The Knicks Next Year
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- On-Deck Circle Of Doom: Youth Player Takes Foul Ball To The Eye (Video)
- Andrei Kirilenko Is Opening The First Russian Hooters
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Over 40 American Soccer Stars Visited Children In Newtown Tuesday Night
It’s a shame Tuesday night’s sports news cycle was dominated by an all-time terrible college football game, and we stand accountable for letting this pretty neat bit of news fall through the cracks. Over 40 active and retired American soccer players visited Newtown, Conn. to play soccer with the kids in town.
Chris Canetti, president of the Houston Dynamo and a native of Connecticut, assembled the event that drew more than 1,500 attendees. Among the active soccer stars in attendance were Landon Donovan and Christie Rampone, and among the retired legends were now-ESPN soccer analyst Alexi Lalas and Mia Hamm.
The event was so successful that Canetti said its only flaw was that their space was too small. Job well done, I’d say.
[h/t BuzzFeed Sports, Getty Images]
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Paulina Gretzky's Provocative Golf Digest Photoshoot
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Manny Pacquiao's Workout Secrets Caught on Film