- Tour Paul Millsap's Beautiful New Atlanta Home And Pretend It's Yours
- Muhammed Ali's Beautiful Statement On The Life And Death Of Nelson Mandela
- A Reporter Seriously Asked Jameis Winston's Attorney This Terribly Inappropriate Question
- Yes, It Looks Like This Stadium In Brazil Is Totally Ready For FIFA's Dec. 31 Deadline
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
These User-Generated Logos For The New Orleans Pelicans Will Defy Your Expectations
99designs, the crowdsourcing logo design service where users compete for prize money, is holding a contest in which its legion of art school grads attempt to brand the unbrandable: the New Orleans Pelicans, which, it was reported earlier this month, would be the new name for the NBA’s sputtering Louisiana franchise.
It’s worth noting that the name change isn’t official yet, and the NBA has registered a few other trademarks for possible use: the Rougarou, the Mosquitos, the Swamp Dogs, and the Bullsharks are all still on the table. But if the Hornets are indeed going to become the Pelicans — and if these crowdsourced gems are any indication — their branding choices won’t be terrible. (Mostly, as our own Glenn Davis noted, because “Pelicans in hats” seems to be a running theme here.)
To the logos we go.
Oh, and once you’re done perusing, head over to 99designs to vote in their contest.
- Filed Under:
- new orleans pelicans
- Will Peyton Manning Break Tom Brady's Touchdown Record?
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck