- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
NHL Goalie’s Mask Proves You Can’t Ever Get Enough Of Sexy Ned Flanders
While there are plenty of beautifully designed masks amongst NHL goalies, none equals Peter Budaj‘s in comedic value. Hockey fans have been appreciating Budaj’s Sexy Flanders mask for years, but it’s so entertaining we thought we’d give you another look at it:
The Colorado Avalanche goalie wears a helmet depicting iconic Simpons character Ned Flanders, muscles bulging out of his shirt, holding up a Slovakian flag (Budaj was born in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia back when it was still unified with the Czech Republic). Flanders started appearing on the goalie’s mask when an equipment manager nicknamed him “Ned” years ago, due to the devout Christianity he shares with the cartoon character, according to an article in Sports Illustrated.
An older version of the mask shows a smaller Flanders wearing a Slovakian shirt while holding the country’s flag. This latest version is certainly more modern, and from the look of it, Sexy Flanders has been pumping some iron.
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time