- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- This Is How You Sonic? Missouri Fast Food Joint Apologizes For Racist Sign
- The Steelers Are Losing A Draft Pick Because Of Mike Tomlin
- Chargers Fans Make Giant Cutout Of Eli Manning As A Woman
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Report: Bloodied Cricket Bat Found At Oscar Pistorius’s Home And Reeva Steenkamp’s Skull Was “Crushed”
This story has taken a new horrifying twist.
According to a report from South Africa’s City Press, Oscar Pistorius’ girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was not only shot in the head, but apparently her skull was also somehow “crushed” at some point and a bloody cricket bat was found at the scene. It is currently clear as to how and when the cricket bat was brought into play, but here is a breakdown of what is believed to be the sequence of events leading to Steenkamp’s death:
Steenkamp was wearing her nightie at the time. When the police inspected Oscar’s bedroom, they found her overnight bag and iPad on the floor. A holster for a 9mm pistol was found on Oscar’s side of the bed.
The bedclothes were crumpled. “It was clear that both of them had slept in the bed,” said a police source.
One cartridge was found in the bedroom and the police suspect Oscar may have “chased” her and fired the first shot before Steenkamp could lock herself inside the toilet.
“The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hip. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head, which is why the bullet also went through her hand,” said a source.
Pistorius then he called his family claiming that he had mistaken Steenkamp for a burglar and accidentally killed her. If this all sounds a little fishy, it’s probably because it’s lifted directly from the Christopher Nolan film Memento.
Authorities are currently testing Pistorius’ blood to see if he had gone into a “roid rage” that resulted in the night’s events. Hopefully whatever they find there will help provide some answers as to what exactly happened to Reeva Steenkamp.
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Niners Lose in a Manner Most Foul
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?