- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Awesome: MLS Crowd Goes All-Out Singing “The Star-Spangled Banner”
Five years ago, an Edmonton Oilers crowd’s stirring rendition of “O Canada” became something of a viral sensation. One could feel the pride…not to mention hear it, because they were loud. And in addition to raising goosebumps, it raised a question: could any crowd, anywhere else, replicate that kind of passion for the anthem?
Perhaps it’s been done, but we hadn’t seen it…until last night. The Portland Timbers, an expansion MLS team, won their home opener last night over the Chicago Fire, winning 4-2. But to us, the video you’re about to see was just as noteworthy as the outcome of the match, if not more so. Here was the national anthem:
All due respect to Jim Cornelison…there’s nothing quite like an entire building full of people belting out the anthem like the Timbers Army did here. Well done, people. Oh, and one more note: U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!