- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Regis Doesn’t Know Who His Co-Host Is On His New Show On Fox Sports 1
As you know, Regis Philbin’s new show, Crowd Goes Wild, begins on cable’s Fox Sports 1 on Aug. 19. The show will be in a roundtable discussion format, with the first confirmed co-host being former Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens defensive end Trevor Pryce. Not that Regis could remember that when promoting the show on Late Show With David Letterman on Wednesday.
Transcript via Awful Announcing:
Regis: We got uh.. uh… a great big defensive end…. who uh… 14 years in the NFL… two Super Bowl games … his name is uh….(laughter) … I know the guy! I just spent the weekend with him! Uh…. Travis … uh… Honest to God! This is really embarrassing! (asks to Fox Sports PR person off camera) What is it?
Fox Sports PR person off camera: Pryce.
Regis: Yes! Travis Pryce!
Fox Sports PR person off camera: TREVOR!
Regis: TREVOR PRYCE! DAMMIT!
Well, he is 81 years old.
The best part to me, though, was when Letterman opened the subject by asking: “Don’t read anything into this, but why would you do this?” Regis didn’t seem to have an answer for that one, either.
For the record, the rest of the panel on
The View Crowd Goes Wild will be Jason Gay of the Wall Street Journal, former tennis player turned comedian Michael Kosta, ex-Sky Sports host Georgie Thompson, and Katie Nolan.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts