- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Scott Van Pelt Is Reportedly Staying At ESPN
Do you like thick-rimmed glasses and dry, witty quips with your SportsCenter? Well, then, today is your Christmas: Scott Van Pelt is staying at ESPN.
The anchor and radio host, who, along with Michelle Beadle and Erin Andrews was one of three major names with expiring contracts at the network, has agreed to terms on a new deal, reports SportsByBrooks.
SbB has learned Scott Van Pelt is staying at ESPN. Deal not signed, but has agreed to terms.
— SPORTSbyBROOKS (@SPORTSbyBROOKS) May 9, 2012
This makes sense. Van Pelt is said to be happy with what he does — hosting SportsCenter and an ESPN Radio show — and while there was reportedly some disagreement among ESPN execs about whether he’s as valuable to the company’s radio arm as he is to its flagship show, the general feeling all along was that he would stay. And, with him being one of the most popular personalities at ESPN, this is a victory for Bristol.
They’re currently 1 for 1 on this year’s crop of big free agents. It remains to be seen if they can keep Beadle and Andrews.
- Filed Under:
- Scott Van Pelt
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Pete Rose Disappointed with Wife's Breast Reduction
- Malcom Jenkins Won't Pull A 'Reggie Bush'
- 15 Hot Cricket WAGs