- Rams Coach Blows Up Tony Dungy's 'Michael Sam Is A Distraction' Theory
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star,James Rodriguez
- Could The Entire Clippers Team Quit If Donald Sterling Remains The Owner?
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Important: Scottie Pippen Once Filmed The Worst Ad For A Local Sandwich Shop Ever Created
Athletes often do commercials for local businesses. Often, these commercials are terrible in the best possible way – we even did our part to immortalize a few of them right here. But as of this morning, thanks to the folks at Awful Advertisements, we now know of one cheesy commercial to rule them all.
The year was 1991. The establishment: Chicago-area sandwich shop Mr. Submarine. The pitchman: Chicago
Bulls basketball star Scottie Pippen and two prototypical-early-90s members of the Luvabulls dance team. The result: MAGIC.
See, when I said “magic,” you thought we just meant the commercial was going to be amazing. Well, it was, but I meant actual, literal magic: a basketball transforms into a sandwich! Do you think Scottie ever got worried after this ad that he had superhuman but uncontrollable powers to make a basketball turn into a sandwich that would one day surface at the worst possible time during a game? That would have been so embarrassing for him, it would have taken a huge party with tons of ladies and six-foot sandwiches to forget about it.
Chicago-area readers with long memories: was this the only Mr. Submarine ad Pippen ever filmed? A rudimentary YouTube search doesn’t turn up anything else, and need to know if I should just let my dreams of an ad with Scottie singing a terrible “Yellow Submarine” parody song die:
In the town where Pip plays ball
Stands a sandwich shop loved by Scottie
And he told us of his life
As a fan of Mr. Submarine
Don’t act like you don’t want to see it yourself.
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row