- 14 Reasons Why We're Looking Forward To The Sochi Winter Olympics
- Why Didn't Anyone Want To Buy Barry Bonds' Outrageous Beverly Hills Mansion?
- DeMarcus Cousins Should Be On The Next Comedy Central Roast
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
TNT’s Shaquille O’Neal And ESPN’s Jalen Rose Do Not Like Each Other, And It Spilled Over Onto TV Last Night
ESPN analyst (and former NBA player) Jalen Rose and TNT analyst (and former NBA player) Shaquille O’Neal have not liked each other for some time now. The origins of their media beef are a little murky (the seeds were probably planted on the court), but at some point, while Rose was just starting his career on TV and Shaq was still playing, the former Wolverine critiqued the former Tiger’s play. Shaq responded by calling Rose soft. A mutual dislike was born.
The combatants remained dormant for some time, with Rose continuing to talk hoops on ESPN, and Shaq signing on to be the fourth analyst on TNT’s Inside the NBA. Things were cool. Things were fine. Things were hunky dory.
Until last night, when Rose said Shaq looked fat on TV.
Rose’s “wager” generated some Twitter heat; it also caught the attention of TNT’s producers. Since TNT’s producers are shit-stirrers of the best sort, and like to put unflattering photoshops of their on-air talent on the air, a “Shaq’s looking kind of hefty” tweet from a rival media personality was right up their alley.
So they showed the tweet to Shaq — and to everyone watching at home. The big fella did not like.
“I don’t know who that is” prompted this response from Jalen Rose, which shall henceforth be known as the Sideshow Silly Segments Rebuttal.
The tweet has since been deleted from Rose’s account. Nevertheless, “You’re looking a little chunky,” was followed by “You’re not cool enough to even talk to me,” was followed by “You’re not even good at talking.”
The worst thing about all of this, of course, is that the only two people Shaq watches on ESPN are Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless. For shame, Diesel.
- Ranking The NFL QB's In The 7 TD Club
- Roach: Pacquiao's Heart with Typhoon Victims
- Johnny Manziel's Tattoo with Drake
- Top 10 Worst Decisions in MMA History