- HOUSTON SPROCKETS: Minimalist MLB, NHL, And NBA Logos Are Good Design
- 'Seinfeld Night' Is The Greatest Stadium Promotion Of All-Time
- Why The Spurs Are Truly The Best Team In The League This Year
- What The Hell Is With This Lance Armstrong Instructional Video?
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Shaq Also Made Ridiculous Sounds While Narrating Kobe Highlights Last Night
We have to say, so far the Shaquille O’Neal Inside the NBA era is not off to a bad start. TNT seems to know how to use its newest asset – the “Who He Play For?” bit was entertaining and allowed Shaq to pretty much just goof around, and Evil Chris Bosh and the Christmas tree showed he can be a part of something amusing without having to do all the crazy stuff himself.
Not that there will be any shortage of Shaq doing the crazy stuff, of course. Last night, in addition to the tree bit, Shaq broke down some highlights of his old teammate and sometimes-enemy, Kobe Bryant. And what the segment lacked in analysis (“He shoots the shot…he makes it…”), Shaq more than made up for in wacky sound effects:
And let’s face it – Shaq was brought in to be entertaining – not that he doesn’t know more basketball than we ever will, mind you. The nonsensical noises left us entertained (and, thankfully, with nary a question directed to Kobe about the flavoring of Shaq’s backside). Plus, another benefit to Shaq borrowing from the Lewis Carroll playbook: some worried that his low, deadpan, generally-monotone delivery wouldn’t play well on TV, or be tough to understand, period. But if he’s not even saying words…what’s the difference?
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- The Hottest Hockey Wives and Girlfriends
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley