- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Shaq Also Made Ridiculous Sounds While Narrating Kobe Highlights Last Night
We have to say, so far the Shaquille O’Neal Inside the NBA era is not off to a bad start. TNT seems to know how to use its newest asset – the “Who He Play For?” bit was entertaining and allowed Shaq to pretty much just goof around, and Evil Chris Bosh and the Christmas tree showed he can be a part of something amusing without having to do all the crazy stuff himself.
Not that there will be any shortage of Shaq doing the crazy stuff, of course. Last night, in addition to the tree bit, Shaq broke down some highlights of his old teammate and sometimes-enemy, Kobe Bryant. And what the segment lacked in analysis (“He shoots the shot…he makes it…”), Shaq more than made up for in wacky sound effects:
And let’s face it – Shaq was brought in to be entertaining – not that he doesn’t know more basketball than we ever will, mind you. The nonsensical noises left us entertained (and, thankfully, with nary a question directed to Kobe about the flavoring of Shaq’s backside). Plus, another benefit to Shaq borrowing from the Lewis Carroll playbook: some worried that his low, deadpan, generally-monotone delivery wouldn’t play well on TV, or be tough to understand, period. But if he’s not even saying words…what’s the difference?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts