- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Shaq Also Made Ridiculous Sounds While Narrating Kobe Highlights Last Night
We have to say, so far the Shaquille O’Neal Inside the NBA era is not off to a bad start. TNT seems to know how to use its newest asset – the “Who He Play For?” bit was entertaining and allowed Shaq to pretty much just goof around, and Evil Chris Bosh and the Christmas tree showed he can be a part of something amusing without having to do all the crazy stuff himself.
Not that there will be any shortage of Shaq doing the crazy stuff, of course. Last night, in addition to the tree bit, Shaq broke down some highlights of his old teammate and sometimes-enemy, Kobe Bryant. And what the segment lacked in analysis (“He shoots the shot…he makes it…”), Shaq more than made up for in wacky sound effects:
And let’s face it – Shaq was brought in to be entertaining – not that he doesn’t know more basketball than we ever will, mind you. The nonsensical noises left us entertained (and, thankfully, with nary a question directed to Kobe about the flavoring of Shaq’s backside). Plus, another benefit to Shaq borrowing from the Lewis Carroll playbook: some worried that his low, deadpan, generally-monotone delivery wouldn’t play well on TV, or be tough to understand, period. But if he’s not even saying words…what’s the difference?
- The Top American Winter Olympians
- NFL Breaks 65-Year-Old Scoring Record in 2013
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Seahawks Defense: Greatest of All Time?