- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Sharapova Loses Wimbledon, Fiancé Sasha Vujacic Becomes Most Hated Person On Twitter
21-year-old Petra Kvitova may have upset veteran Maria Sharapova to win her first Wimbledon title and career Grand Slam, but perhaps the most talked-about individual at the All England Club this week was someone who didn’t even play in the tournament.
Sasha Vujacic, Sharapova’s Slovenian fiancé (and fellow genetically-blessed professional athlete), unwittingly became the sensation of the women’s side, for reasons that remain unclear to us. We think it might have something to do with the fact that the former Los Angeles Laker comes across as a bit of a tool. Or that the NBC cameras couldn’t stop showing him looking whipped in the player’s box. Or that he refers to himself as a self-proclaimed “Machine.”
In Vujacic’s own words:
“Being an elite athlete is something that’s hard to explain if you haven’t done it.”
Sasha, need we remind you — you play for the Nets. You gotta be careful with where you insert “elite” into the conversation.
While there was a time when some believed the 6-7 shooting guard was one of the driving forces behind Sharapova’s resurgence in the tennis world, the consensus now seems to be that she lost the Wimbledon title because of him. Poor guy just can’t seem to do anything right.
Though, if it’s any consolation, Vujacic should at least know the best way to comfort his fiancée in her emotionally fragile state — you know, from one elite athlete to another.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence