- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Sharapova Loses Wimbledon, Fiancé Sasha Vujacic Becomes Most Hated Person On Twitter
21-year-old Petra Kvitova may have upset veteran Maria Sharapova to win her first Wimbledon title and career Grand Slam, but perhaps the most talked-about individual at the All England Club this week was someone who didn’t even play in the tournament.
Sasha Vujacic, Sharapova’s Slovenian fiancé (and fellow genetically-blessed professional athlete), unwittingly became the sensation of the women’s side, for reasons that remain unclear to us. We think it might have something to do with the fact that the former Los Angeles Laker comes across as a bit of a tool. Or that the NBC cameras couldn’t stop showing him looking whipped in the player’s box. Or that he refers to himself as a self-proclaimed “Machine.”
In Vujacic’s own words:
“Being an elite athlete is something that’s hard to explain if you haven’t done it.”
Sasha, need we remind you — you play for the Nets. You gotta be careful with where you insert “elite” into the conversation.
While there was a time when some believed the 6-7 shooting guard was one of the driving forces behind Sharapova’s resurgence in the tennis world, the consensus now seems to be that she lost the Wimbledon title because of him. Poor guy just can’t seem to do anything right.
Though, if it’s any consolation, Vujacic should at least know the best way to comfort his fiancée in her emotionally fragile state — you know, from one elite athlete to another.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Soccer Kick and Knee Combo is KO of the Week
- Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins Stuns with His Impressive Abilities