- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Is Rubbing Your Butt
- Baron Davis's Comeback: Part 3
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
South African Man Killed By Family Over World-Cup-Watching Dispute
Bizarre, tragic, awful story stemming from the World Cup: according to police, 61-year-old David Makoeya was beaten to death by his wife and two grown children on Sunday. The cause? He wanted to watch the World Cup, the rest of them wanted to watch a gospel show. We really, really wish we were making this up.
From the AP’s report (linked, via ESPN):
“He said, ‘No, I want to watch soccer,’” police spokesman Mothemane Malefo said Thursday. “That is when the argument came about.
“In that argument, they started assaulting him.”
With few details known, and speculation that can only be disturbing (i.e. Malefo saying it appears Makoeya’s family beat him by banging his head against the wall), there’s not much to add except that we wish there weren’t a side of humanity this ugly.
- Filed Under:
- world cup 2010
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Dez Bryant Releases Shocking Statement