- WEEK 3 NFL POWER RANKINGS: We Definitively Know The 6 Best Teams In Football
- Jacob deGrom Ties MLB Record With 8 Straight Ks To Open Game
- Are We Hesitant To Suspend NFL Players Because Of Fantasy Football?
- The Colombian Women's Cycling Team Uniforms Are Not Really NSFW
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
South African Man Killed By Family Over World-Cup-Watching Dispute
Bizarre, tragic, awful story stemming from the World Cup: according to police, 61-year-old David Makoeya was beaten to death by his wife and two grown children on Sunday. The cause? He wanted to watch the World Cup, the rest of them wanted to watch a gospel show. We really, really wish we were making this up.
From the AP’s report (linked, via ESPN):
“He said, ‘No, I want to watch soccer,’” police spokesman Mothemane Malefo said Thursday. “That is when the argument came about.
“In that argument, they started assaulting him.”
With few details known, and speculation that can only be disturbing (i.e. Malefo saying it appears Makoeya’s family beat him by banging his head against the wall), there’s not much to add except that we wish there weren’t a side of humanity this ugly.
- Filed Under:
- world cup 2010
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row