- Now This Is The Way You Play Foosball (Rio Carnival Slideshow!)
- Do We Need To Call Bullshit On Patrick Beverley?
- Here's What Jerry Jones Had To Say About Releasing The Backbone Of The Cowboys
- President Obama Sent A Box Of Beer To The Canadian Prime Minister
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Spike Lee Might Have Won All-Star Weekend With This Jeremy Lin-Mars Blackmon Mashup Shirt
Self-promo or just awesome. In this case, we’ll have to go with the latter…
For the unfamiliar, the above proof that one terrible game will not spell the end of Linsanity is a goof on Mars Blackmon, a character played by Spike Lee who initially appeared in Lee’s 1986 film She’s Gotta Have It. Blackmon subsequently starred in a whole mess of Air Jordan commercials for Nike – and tonight, Lee brought him back. Well, kind of. And we’re glad. Who knows, maybe it’ll even pave the way for Lin to sport the Mars Blackmon look for real sometime. And it definitely made people think a lot about Mars Blackmon. Well played, Spike.
Oh, and Spike wasn’t only promoting his stuff by wearing that shirt. The shirt itself was made by the folks at The Forest Lab. Something tells us this page will be getting a lot more visits after tonight.
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana Secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: Manny Pacquiao Gets Real
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success