- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Spike Lee Might Have Won All-Star Weekend With This Jeremy Lin-Mars Blackmon Mashup Shirt
Self-promo or just awesome. In this case, we’ll have to go with the latter…
For the unfamiliar, the above proof that one terrible game will not spell the end of Linsanity is a goof on Mars Blackmon, a character played by Spike Lee who initially appeared in Lee’s 1986 film She’s Gotta Have It. Blackmon subsequently starred in a whole mess of Air Jordan commercials for Nike – and tonight, Lee brought him back. Well, kind of. And we’re glad. Who knows, maybe it’ll even pave the way for Lin to sport the Mars Blackmon look for real sometime. And it definitely made people think a lot about Mars Blackmon. Well played, Spike.
Oh, and Spike wasn’t only promoting his stuff by wearing that shirt. The shirt itself was made by the folks at The Forest Lab. Something tells us this page will be getting a lot more visits after tonight.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story