- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
“Live From Tucson, Just Barely:” Local Sports Anchor Almost Run Over On Live TV
On-site reporting has its perils, and San Diego ABC 10News sports director Ben Higgins experienced a bizarre example while on air live after San Diego State’s win over Northern Colorado in the NCAA Tournament’s Round of 64.
Just as Higgins described how the Aztecs “live to fight another day”, he’s put in peril by a white SUV that backs up the entire length of the driveway from which their broadcasting and nearly plows into Higgins.
A little quick thinking by his camera supervisor gets the message through to the driver and Higgins continues his intro to the highlights from off camera before throwing it to pre-recorded material (which we can only assume covered up a fair amount of screaming and swearing at the driver.)
Higgins comes back on camera with a “back here live from Tucson, just barely” and some praise for this crew, who can be seen vigilantly patrolling the background of the post-incident shot to stop any other wayward motorists.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story