- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Just Kidding: Nebraska Wide Receiver's Behind-The-Back-Catch Is Already This Season's Best
- Grab Nick Foles, Watch For Tim Wright And Other Last Minute Draft Tips
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
ESPN Viewers: Did Stephen A. Smith Just Flip You The Bird?
It was strange – Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless were talking the Super Bowl, Eli Manning, Tom Brady, who’s got more on the line, and all those arguments they use to fill the time over on First Take. And they were downright jovial. They weren’t even pretending to have tension between them. Stephen A. ripped on Bayless for waving papers around, Bayless fired back, and everyone was having a good ol’ time. Including viewers…though that might have been thanks mostly to what Stephen A. looks like he’s doing at the 11-second mark below:
For the record, Stephen A. himself had this to say:
Will ya’ll stop. I don’t care what it looked like. I would never flip ANYONE the Bird — including @RealSkipBayless. Was just talking w/ my hands like that. Folks start nonsense for a reason.
Would the reason be “because it was funny”? Because this was. Before we even saw the clip, we saw this. And we didn’t think much of it – we figured it flashed on the screen briefly, and someone caught it at the right moment. But then, reader Chuck emailed us about it, at which point we watched it. And yeah…we’re sure Stephen A. didn’t mean to flash the middle finger. But he did. Apparently it was a total accident rather than a Ron Jaworski “whoops, forgot I was on TV” moment. The cruel irony of it for Stephen A. – the one time these two aren’t faking outrage over something is the time a taboo expression of outrage – even though it wasn’t intended – makes it on the screen.
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier