- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
The Best Sports-Related Sharknado Tweets; With Magnificent SJ Sharks Burn On ESPN
My favorite thing about Sharknado was not the visuals, but rather the dialogue. My favorite line: “We can’t just stay here and let sharks rain down on us…”
No, we can’t. We must Tweet about it.
Actually, first we should ask, “What would Les Miles do?” (See above).
I’m not going to explain what Sharknado is, because if you don’t know, you’re hopelessly out of the loop. It just stopped being the top-trending thing on Twitter, and the ratings have just come in: according to Nielsen, Thursday’s SyFy TV broadcast drew 1.37 million viewers:
Good by Syfy standards but making it merely the 38th most popular English-language program of the night.
By comparison, the network’s previous TV special, Chupacabra vs. the Alamo in March, drew 1.49 million.
But Sharknado was a twitter champion. Chief among the exchanges was this, between ESPN and the San Jose Sharks.
Hey @espn, thoughts on showing more hockey highlights?
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) July 12, 2013
Oh, it burns. Meanwhile, other reaction in the sports world:
Sharknado question: The residuals from 90210 and Home Alone have to be good..how is this happening?
— Erin Andrews (@ErinAndrews) July 12, 2013
I AM IGNORING TWITTER FOR THE NEXT TWO HOURS BECAUSE I DON’T WANT SHARKNADO RUINED FOR ME. #SPOILERS
— Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft) July 12, 2013
Contrary to popular belief, Sharknado has nothing to do with the 1996 Masters.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelGC) July 12, 2013
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) July 13, 2013
Great, I switched to Sharknado during the part with expositional dialogue
— Bruce Arthur (@bruce_arthur) July 13, 2013
But it's okay if you don't like Sharknado. It is. It's helpful to know who among you are allergic to joy.
— edsbs (@edsbs) July 12, 2013
I guess I don’t know what *anything* means anymore, living in this crazy post-sharknado world.
— Wil Wheaton (@wilw) July 13, 2013
GIF: The magnificent LSUfreak.
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- UFC 170 Salaries Revealed
- I Could Make More Money at McDonalds
- Bradley Regrets Beating Pacquiao