- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
The Mystery Behind Chris Berman’s Mustache, Revealed!
So remember way back in September, at the beginning of football season, when Chris Berman was sporting a “Ron Burgundy” mustache, and everyone had an opinion on it? (People have strong feelings whilst being blitzed, apparently). Well, now we know why Berman decided not to shave for a week: hip surgery.
“Here I am standing here and I’m thrilled,” Berman said after completing his round Wednesday. “I expected nothing – and hip replacement is nothing compared to what some of the people that we’re raising money for are going through (the event benefits childhood cancer research) – but it feels good to be out here.
I had the hip replacement surgery in August, a few weeks before football. Which is why for the first week I had a mustache, I couldn’t shave for a few weeks so I figured I’d go with it one week, just to surprise everybody.”
I’m not exactly sure why one wouldn’t be able to shave after they’ve had hip surgery. Personally, I think he just decided to grow out a mustache for a week for the same reasons most men do: either to see what it looks like, or just because they can.
Still, that doesn’t always make it right, hence the hip excuse.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts