- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- 5 Takeaways From The New NBA Live 15 Trailer
- 'Tiny Titan' Glitch Is Further Proof Madden 15 Is The Football Version Of Super Smash Bros.
- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
There Are Too Many Whiteboys, And Other Reasons Cosmo’s List Of “The Hottest NBA Players” Sucks
Cosmopolitan crowd-sourced a list of the 30 hottest players in the NBA, asking their Twitter followers to send in their favorite players’ names. The list they came up with, frankly, sucks. Here are five reasons why:
1. Lack of Diversity
83% of players in the NBA are people of color, and 37% of the players on Cosmo’s list (11 out of 30) are white. Boo.
2. Unforgivable Oversights
3. Meaningless Innuendo
Although some of the picks, like Goran Dragic, are eminently reasonable, Cosmo’s explanations for them are nonsensical. “This point guard isn’t afraid to get things done on the court.” I think that’s supposed to be an innuendo of some kind, which is unfortunate because it literally means nothing.
4. Boring Justifications
Obviously Cosmo is right to refer to Sundiata Gaines as “jacked,” but all NBA players basically are (sorry, Boris Diaw). They are professional athletes.
5. Kobe Bryant Is On This List
“When Kobe hits the court, we can’t stop staring.” Kobe Bryant and a mention of “court” on a list of bang-able professional athletes. Gooooood work, everybody.
[Photos via Getty]
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?