- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- A TV Station Confused Nelson Mandela With A-Rod
- Magic Johnson Discussing His Pre-HIV Sex Life With Oprah Is Unnerving
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
There Are Too Many Whiteboys, And Other Reasons Cosmo’s List Of “The Hottest NBA Players” Sucks
Cosmopolitan crowd-sourced a list of the 30 hottest players in the NBA, asking their Twitter followers to send in their favorite players’ names. The list they came up with, frankly, sucks. Here are five reasons why:
1. Lack of Diversity
83% of players in the NBA are people of color, and 37% of the players on Cosmo’s list (11 out of 30) are white. Boo.
2. Unforgivable Oversights
3. Meaningless Innuendo
Although some of the picks, like Goran Dragic, are eminently reasonable, Cosmo’s explanations for them are nonsensical. “This point guard isn’t afraid to get things done on the court.” I think that’s supposed to be an innuendo of some kind, which is unfortunate because it literally means nothing.
4. Boring Justifications
Obviously Cosmo is right to refer to Sundiata Gaines as “jacked,” but all NBA players basically are (sorry, Boris Diaw). They are professional athletes.
5. Kobe Bryant Is On This List
“When Kobe hits the court, we can’t stop staring.” Kobe Bryant and a mention of “court” on a list of bang-able professional athletes. Gooooood work, everybody.
[Photos via Getty]
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Shane Battier Discuses Future Female NBA Players
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime
- Manny Pacquiao Eyes Revenge Return Bouts With Marquez, Bradley