- Miss California Threw Out The First Pitch At The Padres Game In High Heels
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Cam Newton Riding A Segway? Cam Newton Riding A Segway.
- RotoExperts On The Radio: Is Patrick Corbin For Real?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
TNT Apologizes For Tracy Morgan’s “Masturbation” Comments About Sarah Palin
TNT issued an extremely rapid apology in the wake of Tracy Morgan’s unscripted comments about Sarah Palin during their NBA pregame show last night.
“It’s unfortunate Mr. Morgan showed a lack of judgment on our air with his inappropriate comments,” said Turner spokesman Jeff Pomeroy in a statement. “We apologize for any embarrassment or offense it may have caused.”
As USA Today notes, the apology came “within minutes of phone calls and e-mails” looking for comment.
Morgan, the star of the NBC’s 30 Rock and New York Knicks season ticket holder, ambled over to the set of TNT’s pregame show for the Knicks-Heat game. When he was asked by analyst Charles Barkley about the attractiveness of Palin, Morgan responded that she was “Good masturbation material.”
Host Ernie Johnson, immediately realizing that something terrible just happened, thanked Morgan and tried to cut off the interview, as Barkley and fellow analyst Kenny Smith laughed nervously (although Smith seemed to be enjoying himself a bit more than Barkley, surprisingly).
The blame for TNT’s current predicament falls squarely on Barkley’s shoulders. He’s the one who asked the question that led to Morgan’s comments. Any time you ask Tracy Morgan to “settle an argument” about the aesthetic appeal of Sarah Palin (on live TV, no less), it won’t end in any other way than a complete trainwreck.
[via TV Squad]
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Top 12 Bankrupt NFL players
- Tiger Woods Plays House with Lindsay Vonn
- Katherine Webb: Refused to Pose Nude