- RotoExperts On The Radio: Kevin Gausman Debuts On Hot Thursday
- Jose Canseco Is Being Investigated For Rape
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Son Of Asshole Makes Greatest Hockey Pass-to-One-Timer-Goal We've Seen In Quite Some Time
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Today In Things Actually Aired On ESPN: A Comparison Between Kobe Bryant And A Real Mamba
OK, I get it. So SportsCenter isn’t really a “news” program. They like to do frivolous things on the air every once in a while (once in a while being every day), and the dog days of August present an expected lull in the sports news cycle. So with eight hours worth of SportsCenter to fill each day and nothing newsworthy really going on in the wide world of sports, the folks in Bristol needed to dig pretty deep today to fill air time. And since we know they just love celebrating birthdays, they couldn’t let Kobe’s go by without acknowledgement.
Happy 34th birthday, Kobe! Today, SportsCenter dedicated about half a minute of their programming comparing you to your nickname’s namesake, a mamba. Savor this day. I’m sure Gary Payton never got sized up to a glove, George Gervin to an ice man, or Tim Duncan to a big fundamental (I don’t know what that would look like).
Good for you Kobe, hang this screen cap up next to your two gold medals and five Larry O’Brien trophies. It’s what ESPN wants.
[via Redditor MrSelatcia]
- Remembering Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's Time In The UFC
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- Doc Rivers Returns to Celtics
- Pete Rose Disappointed with Wife's Breast Reduction