- Jozy Altidore Sets U.S. Record With Goal, Further Erases Memories Of Landon Donovan
- The Prancing Elites All-Male Dance Team Will One Day Rule The Sports World
- Shame Of Miami: Police Called As Heat Fans Who Left Early Pound On Doors To Be Let Back In
- Think Hitting One R.A. Dickey Knuckleball is Hard? Try Hitting Six At Once
- FIFA Rules Male Players Can Wear Turbans, Overruling CSA
Watch The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Abandon A Possibly-Concussed Jon Stewart
The U.S. women’s soccer team continued making the talk show rounds last night with another appearance on a marquee program – this time on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. They weren’t interview guests this time around, instead appearing in a pre-taped segment after Stewart paid a nice tribute to the team’s performance in the studio. Stewart, of course, played the game in college himself, so he ought to know a good goal when he sees one – and he gave Abby Wambach’s extra-time goal against Brazil his seal of approval as one of the best he’s ever seen.
Stewart liked the goal so much, in fact, that he needed to see it re-created for himself. Luckily, he happened to know exactly where a few members of the team were practicing, and had his USA kit handy. The team wasn’t quite so thrilled to see him, however, and when their replication of the goal didn’t meet his standards, Stewart tried to do it himself. It’s…been a while since he played. And now, it might be some time before he’s medically cleared to play again. Video of yet more outstanding publicity for the U.S. women below.
- Should Marijuana Be Banned In The MMA?
- Trish Stratus Makes Sure We are Stratusfied!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- WWE Diva AJ Shows Some Skin