- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
UFC Fighter Who Wanted To Fight Obama Gets Secret Service Visit
Jacob Volkmann, a UFC lightweight who said last week that he’d like to “knock some sense” into President Obama, got paid a surprise visit from the Secret Service this week.
“It happened on Tuesday, I was coaching youth practice,” Volkmann told MMA Weekly. “Two guys came up and one of the other coaches that was helping me out, they said there was a cop and another guy out there waiting for me.”
According to Volkmann, the Secret Service agent was somewhat embarrassed that he had to come talk to him (the comments weren’t went to be taken seriously), but the agent obviously needed to investigate any threats against the President.
Volkmann, who is not only an MMA fighter but a licensed chiropractor, sought to clarify his statements about Obama:
“People were misunderstanding the point of view I was going for with the health care plan. That’s why they were getting so upset. I’m thinking about the provider, I’m a chiropractor, so I’m thinking about my point of view, not everyone getting insurance.”
This explanation, however, wasn’t enough to save him from becoming the butt of a Jay Leno joke.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts