- The Decemberists: Best Photos From Sunday's NFL Snow Games
- The 'Eli Manning Dislikes' Twitter Meme Is A Glorious Thing
- The Yankees Genius Strategy For Success: Get As Old As Possible
- Video Evidence Charles Barkley Is The Best American In America
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
VIDEO: Announcer Andy Gray Asks Colleague Charlotte Jackson To Tuck A Microphone Down His Pants
Longtime Sky Sports announcer Andy Gray was fired today after making sexist remarks about a female assistant referee. But those remarks alone aren’t what ultimately got him canned.
A video from December, of Gray asking fellow Sky Sports presenter Charlotte Jackson to tuck a microphone pack down his trousers, is what made Gray’s position “untenable,” according to the Daily Mail.
In the video, Gray asks Jackson: “Charlotte, can you tuck this [microphone pack] down here for me love… Tuck this down here.”
Richard Keys, who was suspended for sexist remarks as well, looks on, smiling. Jackson, who doesn’t seem pleased, ignores the pair.
A statement today from Sky Sports confirmed that this video, not the sexist comments made by Gray over the weekend, is what led to the final decision to terminate him (although the comments, I’m sure, didn’t help).
“The decision which is effective immediately was made in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour,” it read. “The new evidence relating to an off-air incident that took place in December 2010 came to light after Andy Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of 22 January 2011.”
Here’s video of the December incident involving Gray and Jackson.
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Are Dallas Cowboys Out Of the Playoff Hunt?
- Trent Richardson's Fantasy Football Production
- The Year Of Serena Williams