- GILBERT'S ARENA: Former Wizards Star Cuts Price On Shark Mansion
- Let This Hilarious Surfer Fight To Take You Into Your Weekend
- Blue Jays' Japanese Shortstop Gives Greatest Interview Ever While Practicing English
- Fantasy Football: Chris Johnson Will Be A Situational Back On The Jets
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
WATCH: Interview Gets Awkward When T’Wolves GM Compares Chris Webber To Darko Milicic
Chris Webber got visibly offended when Minnesota Timberwolves’ GM David Kahn tried to compare him to Darko Milicic in an awkward interview that had Kahn scrambling for excuses some recent moves. And who says the summer league is boring?
During T’Wolves summer league game on NBA TV, the oft-criticized GM sat down with Matt Winer and Chris Webber to talk about the future of Minnesota’s basketball team. The pink elephant in the room was Darko Milicic, the disappointing former number 2 draft pick (yes, the guy who was picked before Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Carmelo Anthony) who Kahn just gave $20 million over 4 years.
Webber, like most of America, is curious as to what exactly Kahn sees in Milicic that is worth so much money. Kahn, backed into a corner, goes into full PR mode, describing Milicic as “manna from heaven” who he was luckily able to sign because the Orlando Magic, his former team, wanted to go in a “different direction” (that direction? Having good players).
Already digging himself into a hole, Kahn compares Darko’s passing ability to that of Vlade Divac, a former teammate of Webber’s renowned for his ability to find teammates. Webber literally laughs out loud and that’s when things get interesting, as Kahn almost tries to compare Darko to Webber himself. CWebb is, understandably, less than amused.
[Video: Chris Webber does not want to be compared to Darko] Ball Don’t Lie
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story