- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Season Preview
- Calvin Johnson Won't Be This Year's Top Receiver And 9 Other Bold Fantasy Predictions
- Josh Shaw May Have Made Up That Heroism Story: USC Investigating
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
WATCH: Interview Gets Awkward When T’Wolves GM Compares Chris Webber To Darko Milicic
Chris Webber got visibly offended when Minnesota Timberwolves’ GM David Kahn tried to compare him to Darko Milicic in an awkward interview that had Kahn scrambling for excuses some recent moves. And who says the summer league is boring?
During T’Wolves summer league game on NBA TV, the oft-criticized GM sat down with Matt Winer and Chris Webber to talk about the future of Minnesota’s basketball team. The pink elephant in the room was Darko Milicic, the disappointing former number 2 draft pick (yes, the guy who was picked before Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and Carmelo Anthony) who Kahn just gave $20 million over 4 years.
Webber, like most of America, is curious as to what exactly Kahn sees in Milicic that is worth so much money. Kahn, backed into a corner, goes into full PR mode, describing Milicic as “manna from heaven” who he was luckily able to sign because the Orlando Magic, his former team, wanted to go in a “different direction” (that direction? Having good players).
Already digging himself into a hole, Kahn compares Darko’s passing ability to that of Vlade Divac, a former teammate of Webber’s renowned for his ability to find teammates. Webber literally laughs out loud and that’s when things get interesting, as Kahn almost tries to compare Darko to Webber himself. CWebb is, understandably, less than amused.
[Video: Chris Webber does not want to be compared to Darko] Ball Don’t Lie
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ