- 2014 World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner -- By the Numbers
- Gilbert Arenas Has Finally Sold His Shark Mansion, After Removing Sharks
- Mike Tyson Beats Mike Tyson In Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Survivor Pool Picks For Every Week 9 NFL Game
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Yao Ming Hung Out With Some Animals, And We’re All Winners
Yao Ming’s been in Africa lately, as part of his work on an anti-poaching documentary. Rhinos and elephants in Africa are commonly poached for their horns and ivory tusks, leading both to become increasingly endangered – and much of the ivory/horn supply heads to Yao’s homeland of China. Yao’s been an advocate for preserving wildlife for a while now, and now in retirement, he’s throwing himself fully into the cause.
While in Africa, Yao got an up-close look at the animals he’s trying to save. Luckily, there was a photographer there to document it, and the results were delightful. Well, mostly delightful – the giant piles of elephant tusks documented in a few of the pictures are sobering, and drive home just how many of these animals are being killed; indeed, what drove Yao to make this film in the first place. But the ones of him hanging out with rhinos and elephants? Tremendous. A few choice photos below – you can see many more at yaomingblog.com.
Photos by Kristian Schmidt, for WildAid.
- Filed Under:
- Yao Ming
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts