- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Minor League Team Cancels ‘Second Amendment Night’ Gun Raffle
Bad news for Alabama gun enthusiasts: The Huntsville Stars’ (Double-A, Southern League) gala Second Amendment Night has been canceled.
Oh, there’ll still be a game on Wednesday — the stars take on the Chattanooga Lookouts at 6:43 p.m. (?) at Joe Davis Stadium. And as far as I know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution is still there, too. But the gun raffle at the game has been canceled.
Huntsville Stars spokeswoman Nicole Colonis said Monday that the raffle during the team’s Wednesday night game against the Chattanooga Lookouts was cancelled after Minor League Baseball officials said the promotion was likely not in the franchise’s best interest.
Colonis says Second Amendment Night will still feature free admission for members of the National Rifle Association who present their membership card.
In other words, the Stars franchise was reminded that they may be in the South, but they’re also a part of Minor League Baseball, Inc. So drop your weapons, men, and let this promotion ride through.
The Stars are a Milwaukee Brewers affiliate.
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- Video: Alex Ariza on Freddie Roach Incident