- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Offensive Linemen
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Late Night Superlatives': Tour de France Edition
- The NBA Needs To Consider Relocation To Seattle And Louisville, Not Expansion
- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Minor League Team Cancels ‘Second Amendment Night’ Gun Raffle
Bad news for Alabama gun enthusiasts: The Huntsville Stars’ (Double-A, Southern League) gala Second Amendment Night has been canceled.
Oh, there’ll still be a game on Wednesday — the stars take on the Chattanooga Lookouts at 6:43 p.m. (?) at Joe Davis Stadium. And as far as I know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution is still there, too. But the gun raffle at the game has been canceled.
Huntsville Stars spokeswoman Nicole Colonis said Monday that the raffle during the team’s Wednesday night game against the Chattanooga Lookouts was cancelled after Minor League Baseball officials said the promotion was likely not in the franchise’s best interest.
Colonis says Second Amendment Night will still feature free admission for members of the National Rifle Association who present their membership card.
In other words, the Stars franchise was reminded that they may be in the South, but they’re also a part of Minor League Baseball, Inc. So drop your weapons, men, and let this promotion ride through.
The Stars are a Milwaukee Brewers affiliate.
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane
- Mehmen Destroys Gracie in Epic KO
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ