- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Mass Flopping Routine
- Here's A Photo Of Tony Romo Rooting For Duke
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- Devin Hester Can't Believe The Bears Didn't Re-sign Him, Because Seven Years Ago
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Minor League Team Cancels ‘Second Amendment Night’ Gun Raffle
Bad news for Alabama gun enthusiasts: The Huntsville Stars’ (Double-A, Southern League) gala Second Amendment Night has been canceled.
Oh, there’ll still be a game on Wednesday — the stars take on the Chattanooga Lookouts at 6:43 p.m. (?) at Joe Davis Stadium. And as far as I know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution is still there, too. But the gun raffle at the game has been canceled.
Huntsville Stars spokeswoman Nicole Colonis said Monday that the raffle during the team’s Wednesday night game against the Chattanooga Lookouts was cancelled after Minor League Baseball officials said the promotion was likely not in the franchise’s best interest.
Colonis says Second Amendment Night will still feature free admission for members of the National Rifle Association who present their membership card.
In other words, the Stars franchise was reminded that they may be in the South, but they’re also a part of Minor League Baseball, Inc. So drop your weapons, men, and let this promotion ride through.
The Stars are a Milwaukee Brewers affiliate.
- Dana White Believes He Has Worked Out Anthony Pettis Vs Jose Aldo
- Predicting Who Will Be First to Defeat Chris Weidman
- UFC Implements New Performance-Based Bonus System
- Justin Blackmon: 5 Teams That Should Trade for the Jaguars Star