- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Now Pitching For Florida State … Kenny Powers
ESPN wasn’t the only one to notice the striking similarity between Florida State pitcher Scott Sitz and Myrtle Beach Mermen hurler Kenny Powers (Danny McBride from the HBO series East Bound and Down). See below.
But this does make for an informative and amusing graphic. Sitz was first team All-ACC last season, and this season is 9-1 with a 1.66 ERA (61 strikeouts in 76 innings). Don’t think we’ll be seeing him pitch in Mexico, in other words.
But he has pitched in the Alaska League (2010). His nickname? Lunchbox. And his thoughts on any resemblance to Kenny Powers?: “They said I have a mullet. Which I don’t.”
Another fun fact: Sitz is majoring in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences.
Now pitching for Florida State, Kenny Powers: twitter.com/WillBrinson/st…
— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) May 22, 2013
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story