- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Now Pitching For Florida State … Kenny Powers
ESPN wasn’t the only one to notice the striking similarity between Florida State pitcher Scott Sitz and Myrtle Beach Mermen hurler Kenny Powers (Danny McBride from the HBO series East Bound and Down). See below.
But this does make for an informative and amusing graphic. Sitz was first team All-ACC last season, and this season is 9-1 with a 1.66 ERA (61 strikeouts in 76 innings). Don’t think we’ll be seeing him pitch in Mexico, in other words.
But he has pitched in the Alaska League (2010). His nickname? Lunchbox. And his thoughts on any resemblance to Kenny Powers?: “They said I have a mullet. Which I don’t.”
Another fun fact: Sitz is majoring in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences.
Now pitching for Florida State, Kenny Powers: twitter.com/WillBrinson/st…
— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) May 22, 2013
- Octagon Fight Spills Over to the Street
- Damon Martin Joins Press Row
- Frenkie Edgar Slams B.J. Penn Seeks New Matches
- Switch Jab to Flying Knee is Technique of the Week